Saturday, October 1, 2011

Francona leave his job as manager of the Red Sox!


BOSTON -- Terry Francona said it's going to hurt to leave his job as manager of the Red Sox, but it was the right time to walk away.So after eight years and two World Series titles, Francona's tenure is officially over. "I think it's time for... a new voice here," Francona said. "I was frustrated with some of my inabilities to get some things done here and after talking to ownership and Theo -- at length, multiple times -- I think it's the right thing to do for the organization and myself." Francona met with owner John Henry, chairman Tom Werner, team president Larry Lucchino, general manager Theo Epstein and assistant GM Ben Cherington on Friday morning at Fenway Park. He left, then returned later in the afternoon.

He said Boston was a special place filled with knowledgeable and passionate baseball fans. "They packed Fenway Park for every game and because of them, I had a special sense of pride coming to work every day," he said. "I want to thank John, Tom, Larry and Theo for giving me the opportunity to manage this team through some of the most successful years in this franchise's history. I wish the entire organization and all of Red Sox Nation nothing but the very best." According to WBZ radio in Boston, Henry was helped off his yacht wearing a neckbrace and hospitalized Friday afternoon after what was described by Lucchino as a minor accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment