Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tiger Woods says he's happy with every part of his game


San Martin - Tiger Woods says he's happy with every part of his game as he gears up to make a rare fall start on the PGA Tour. The former world No. 1 didn't qualify for the PGA Tour playoffs and added the Fall Series event to gear up for... next month's Australian Open and Presidents Cup. "I think I'm happy with how everything has progressed from tee to green," Woods said Wednesday. "I've got a chance to practice and work on everything, which is something that I hadn't been able to do for a while. So I have to say I'm very pleased with every facet of my game." Still trying to emerge from the sex scandal that dynamited his personal life, and injuries that have kept him off the course, Woods dropped out of the top 50 in the world rankings for the first time in almost 15 years Monday and is currently ranked 51st.

"I've kind of done all that legwork and now it's time to play. And that's where I needed to get to, which I hadn't been able to get to because I wasn't healthy enough to get there," said Woods. "And that part was frustrating because I know what I can do in the game, and I just needed the time to practice. And that's why I'm so excited about being here and playing."Along with many of the tour's top stars, Woods doesn't generally enter Fall Series events, when the focus is mostly on players trying to make enough money to keep or earn their tour cards for the next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment